ITIL 2011 Certification Service Capability - Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
This 5 day hands on program leads to a Certificate in ITIL Service Capability Management - Release, Control & Validation. The Service Capability series is focused on role based clusters in a modular set, each with a certification. Each cluster contains groupings of processes and roles from within ITIL IT Service Management, intended to offer candidates a balanced knowledge of ITIL practices which have direct interaction and dependencies in their daily use. The Release, Control and Validation subject areas are:
• Change Management
• Service Release and Deployment Management
• Service Validation and Testing
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Knowledge Management
• Request Fulfillment
• Service Evaluation
Who Should Attend
The Service Capability series will be of interest to candidates who wish to be certified in a deep level understanding of ITIL processes and roles. Attention to the Service Lifecycle is illustrated as part of the curriculum; however the primary focus is the process activities, execution and use throughout the Service Lifecycle.
These Job Roles may include
• Technical Support Management and Staff
• Change, Configuration, Release, and Deployment Management and Staff
• Testing and Validation Management and Staff
• Knowledge Management Staff
• Project and Program Managers who would like better managed and smoother project rollouts with fewer incidents and customer service disruptions
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management along with IT or ITSM operational experience.
An optional eight question, ninety minute, closed book multiple choice, multi-part, scenario based examination is administered by an independent proctor at the end of the course. Certification is through the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB). Candidates must have attended an accredited training course (instructor led or online) to sit for the exam. Each student will be awarded three credits towards ITIL Expert® certification upon successful completion of the exam.
• 4 ITIL Expert Credits
• 38 PDU Credits